Hi! Does anyone know how to get a “Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)” running? It is inside an older HP ProBook 4540s. It shows up in lspci but nowhere in UI or in the “Information” in start menue.. cheers Michael
Hi Michael, I would ask which Firmware you are using? Did you already had the chance to check the backport stuff? igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1583157100219700?thread_ts=1583157011.219500&cid=C8GP9JHQE
Hello @member – make sure you configured the WiFi(-Manager) in the Setup.
Setup > Network > Wireless
I am using 11.03.110.01
I have enabled WiFi manager via profile, I think.:thinking_face: Should the tray icon be visible regardless of whether I have a wireless adapter installed or not? Because I cannot see the wifi tray icon..
However – even at the initial setup after a fresh install of Igel OS 11 and before I joined UMS there was no wifi device present.
No, the Wifi symbol isn’t active by default:
I mean if i ENABLE WiFi Manager but have NO wifi device installed – would it still show and tell me at least that there is no device or would it be hidden in that case ?
From what I recall, the Icon is there but no Device found is shown, I guess.
Nevermind! Disabling the backport driver did the trick! Thank you very much Sebastien! 😁
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to get a “Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)” running with IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS