Hello everybody, we are in the middle of converting from Windows to Linux clients.
Now we had to find a bigger problem for us, where we absolutely need help.
We connected two monitors via DisplayPort to DVI cables on the new UD2 models.
Now each user has his own monitor settings, which we would like to set together with the “Display Switch” tool.
If we try to set the monitors with the tool, the settings are overwritten the next time the device is restarted and the device simply duplicates the two monitors with one another instead of expanding them.
In addition, the symbols on the device and on the server login are always shown on the second screen and not on the main monitor. (Moving the symbols on the main monitor and then clicking on “Sort symbols” will move the symbols back to the 2nd screen.)
When configuring the monitors using the IGEL setup, the monitor settings are no longer overwritten, but the symbols are still displayed on the wrong monitor.
In addition, firstly, the local IGEL setup is not permitted according to the IT regulation and secondly, the user should not actually have access to the IGEL setup, since this represents a clear workload compared to the “Display Switch” tool.
Thank you in advance for your support.
can you post a screenshot of the settings you made in the Display Switcher Profile? Especially the Options Submenu
Perfect, thanks for that! but I meant the profile where you set up the Display Switcher Session / and there the Options Sub menu
Here are the screenshots of the Display Switcher Session.
I guess we found the error.
1) tick the box: Einstellungen nach einem Neustart erhalten (worst translation ever since it should say: Einstellungen über einen Neustart hinaus, behalten, or in a short english: keep settings persistently).
2) reset a device to factory defaults and retest
Thanks for your help. I ́ve seen my stupid mistake myself. 😕 Do I have to reset the device? Isn’t it enough to tick the box?
Well, for the testing itself please reset just avoid a misconfiguration made before, but if it works straight forward you could skip this step.
It work ́s straight forward and I can ́t see no problem anymore. Really thanks for your help. This community is really useful and helps a lot. So I don’t need to annoy the IGEL Support.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When we set two monitors the settings are overwritten the next time the device is restarted and the device simply duplicates on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?