So what if I would have a useless Chromebook that is compatible to run Windows on it, I guess I can install Igel OS 11 on it too if it has an intel GPU, normal intel CPU and 4GB of ram isn’t it? Anyone turned a Chromebook into an Igel laptop (not using the UDP sitck, just doing a real install)?
Yes, we had this topic a few times, hope that helps:
nice, let me grab a beer, USB stick and let’s read check it out
Yeah it works great. At the step where it has you use a UD Pocket, just insert a USB stick with the OS convert software on it, and you’re all set. I’ve converted ~8 Chromebooks/Chromeboxes so far and they seem to be holding up pretty well.
Obviously mine didn’t want to start anymore, will check out for another one.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Anyone turned a Chromebook into an IGEL laptop?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS