We just ran a port scan from an outside security vendor and reports ports 5900 is unsecure and accessible via VNC. Is there a way to secure VNC as it’s a complete vunerability. This feature is needed to remote to devices but is flagged as a potential security risk.
Not sure to get you right, but you could use the Secure VNC setting:
That wouldn‘t change the protocol and port but it would change the level of security.
The alternative could be to change the port from the x11vnc but that‘s a bit out of support 😉
Is this the correct setting/policy in UMS?
OMG that’s crazy 🙂
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”