IZ is a software license locked down version of the LX operating system. It is the exact same operating system, running on the exact same hardware. The featuresets are just locked away. we have 3 flavors of IZ devices Citrix/RFX (MS RDS)/Horizon
When you say locked down, why is it locked down? What does this mean? What is the use case?
if you buy a IZ you buy it for one connection protocol IZ-HDX = Citrix use, IZ-RFX=RDS, IZ-Horizon=VMWare View
Ok, yes I understand. Sort of what I thought but wanted to clarify. Sometimes all this confuses me 😉
plus as far as i know IZ comes with shorter warranty. 2 year vs 3 year i think
Iz=3 years, ud= 5 years
thx – since I never had a hw issue with igel I couldn’t remember correctly 😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is IGEL IZ software license locked down version of the LX operating system?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?