IZ is a software license locked down version of the LX operating system. It is the exact same operating system, running on the exact same hardware. The featuresets are just locked away. we have 3 flavors of IZ devices Citrix/RFX (MS RDS)/Horizon
When you say locked down, why is it locked down? What does this mean? What is the use case?
if you buy a IZ you buy it for one connection protocol IZ-HDX = Citrix use, IZ-RFX=RDS, IZ-Horizon=VMWare View
Ok, yes I understand. Sort of what I thought but wanted to clarify. Sometimes all this confuses me 😉
plus as far as i know IZ comes with shorter warranty. 2 year vs 3 year i think
Iz=3 years, ud= 5 years
thx – since I never had a hw issue with igel I couldn’t remember correctly 😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is IGEL IZ software license locked down version of the LX operating system?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?