For the new Citrix XenDesktop appliance mode using Browser, what URL is required? I assumed it was the Storefront URL, but that doesn’t make sense to me. Is that true? It’s basically just a browser in kiosk mode?
StoreWEB works – yes, basically a Firefox in Kiosk mode
personally I prefer the Citrix Self-Service in fullscreen
I’m testing it now, and using Browser with the SF URL would be my preference simply because it starts at the logon screen, not the “Login” button in SF. That said, I had higher hopes than just kiosk mode SF when I heard XenDesktop appliance was coming back. Now I’m just disappointed.
Whatever works in any browser works with the btowser based appliance mode. Yes it needs the full path.
Citrix Self-Service in fullscreen is my way to go aswell.
For us, not being able to customize Self-Service was a deal breaker. Using the web browser in a kiosk more gives us the customization desired. And we can apply a single profile to devices internal and external.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What URL is required for new Citrix XenDesktop appliance mode using Browser?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”