I have a customer that wants to do Citrix Content redirection to offload internet video to the IGEL OS. They believe the problem id with the way Firefox is handling certs. They want to try Chrome. Can Chrome be installed on the IGEL OS and be made the default browser? If so, how?
Hi Steven – are we talking about OS10 or 11?
Citrix Content redirection uses an extra adapted browser engine which they ship with the Client. AFAIK you cannot chose another one.
Google Chrome is meanwhile supported by BCR docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/browser-content-redirection.html. Of course this has to be running in the VDA-machine.
Google Chrome can be installed in a custom partition on the IGEL. The CP can be requested via support ticket. Be aware that for a CP you need an Enterprise Management Pack license.
So for your request the CP doesn’t look like the solution.
The desired outcome works on a windows endpoint that leverages Chrome. When attempting from the IGEL thin client, it does not. The customer believes the difference is the browser.
Chrome with BCR is supported on the VDA side – on client side BCR uses an embedded browser in the Workspace app, so there’s no relation to the locally installed Firefox on Igel. Unfortunately BCR on Igel is not working stable yet, maybe we will see better results when there’s Workspace app 1909 available in the Igel OS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can Chrome be installed on the IGEL OS and be made the default browser? If so, how?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Lanching a published desktop via Citrix gives me “Error adding store:AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR”