I have a customer that wants to do Citrix Content redirection to offload internet video to the IGEL OS. They believe the problem id with the way Firefox is handling certs. They want to try Chrome. Can Chrome be installed on the IGEL OS and be made the default browser? If so, how?
Hi Steven – are we talking about OS10 or 11?
Citrix Content redirection uses an extra adapted browser engine which they ship with the Client. AFAIK you cannot chose another one.
Google Chrome is meanwhile supported by BCR docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/browser-content-redirection.html. Of course this has to be running in the VDA-machine.
Google Chrome can be installed in a custom partition on the IGEL. The CP can be requested via support ticket. Be aware that for a CP you need an Enterprise Management Pack license.
So for your request the CP doesn’t look like the solution.
The desired outcome works on a windows endpoint that leverages Chrome. When attempting from the IGEL thin client, it does not. The customer believes the difference is the browser.
Chrome with BCR is supported on the VDA side – on client side BCR uses an embedded browser in the Workspace app, so there’s no relation to the locally installed Firefox on Igel. Unfortunately BCR on Igel is not working stable yet, maybe we will see better results when there’s Workspace app 1909 available in the Igel OS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can Chrome be installed on the IGEL OS and be made the default browser? If so, how?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?