Is possible to map network printers (Ricoh or Konica Minolta) to use them on an Horizon session? Customer uses Windows based thin clients, where installs network printer driver to work, but is testing IEGL OS11.
Could be done with CUPS TCP Network printer option?
Bruno, when talking about network printers which are mapped during login to the Horizon session. When printing the job goes from the Horizon VDI to the printserver to the printer.
How we can configure a network printer (Not connected locally on an IGEL device) to see it within an Horizon View session?
I suppose that is not detected automatically because with a Windows client must to install printer driver.
@member I would use a local CUPS Printer connecting as Printer Port: “LPD network printer” or Printer Port: “TCP network printer”. Then select Raw as vendor, Queue as Modell, Use Custom Windows Driver Name, Enter the exact name of the Windows driver installed on the server.
Dumb question maybe but the use of a printserver couldn‘t be realized since the printers are already network ones?
You ́re right and thanks for your help
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is possible to map network printers (Ricoh or Konica Minolta) to use them on an VMware Horizon session? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”