Can anyone tell me if I am using IGEL to launch Citrix Receiver so users can get an auto launched desktop, why when the users log into Citrix Receiver it does not show the user in the UMS 6.01 console as a last logged in user/or under login history
Well, did you tried to activate the setting Thin client or profile: System > Remote Administration > Logging > Log login and logout events checkbox
UMS: UMS Administration > Misc Settings > Enable user logon history checkbox
let me check
Enable user login history is checked
Another way to accomplish this is to use bginfo and a wmi read of the client’s hostname and write to the desktop along with the hostname of the session, IP, etc.. – which is also great for helpdesk support looking to shadow a session.. the info can be written to a database as well as the desktop.. just another way to skin a cat for multiple purposes 😜
I dont see the Remote Administration setting
thanks but I need it in UMS
Remote Management=>Options was meant, my mistake
ok that is now checked
I will give it a go
Using Citrix Director? You’ll be able to pull user/device info out of there.
yeah Understood…we have Control-Up too
but I wanted this more for management of UMS
not to hijack the thread, but my reason for dumping the client name along with session hostname to the desktop was to simplify the heads up display of info that end users ultimately are requested to provide to the helpdesk.. sometimes shadowing a session is the quickest route, but sometimes I prefer to shadow the host device itself… so it’s all about options and speed to view and resolve more than reporting for myself..
so that worked but I am unable to use the search feature to find that user
It will be integrated in one of the next versions of UMS. Feature Request is already opened for the search topic
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Why when users log into Citrix Receiver it does not show the user in the UMS 6.01 console as a last logged in user/or under login history?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”