Hi, we are trying to access our cameras via local firefox/chromium but the webplayer says html5 player is not active/available. Do I need to activiate html5 seperatly?
Hi, which firmware are you using? Is the Webcam available if you navigate to this site:
Hi, we use 11.05.120. And I mean video survelliance cameras and not webcams😅
11.05.120, Firefox, reseted to factory defaults IGEL OS and without any kind of Profiles. Seems to work, at least on their Live Demo. Could you check 1) if a factory defaults without settings works 2) if you have a Workspace edition License and not a starter license
I tested it now, but it doesnt show the live feed only prewview images of the cameras. I tested it with a factory rested igel with only the workspace license. I attached the profile for the session. Do I need to check a specific setting?
Did you test with the Synology demo URL?
With the demo it works but not with our own camera server
can you try a firefox esr 78.6.1. on an Ubuntu VM and check if it works there? My Instar Webcam is working, but I thought the Synology Demo would be the same behavior as the real one you are using…
I saw I need to activate GPU acceleration, is this active by default or do I have to set it on?
on Chromium it’s off and can’t be turned on atm.
On Firefox, you could try it there:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Issues with webcams via local firefox/chromium, webplayer says html5 player is not active/available’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS